Anyone who
knows me knows that I adore
my boys. They are the cutest, the
funniest, the smartest, and the most loving little people I’ve ever known. But, they have very little patience. As in...CAN.NOT.WAIT. For anything.
The conversations that illustrate
this usually go something like this:
Boy 1: “Moooooom, when can we….(insert whatever
little boys ask to do—eat, play, go outside, etc.)”
Mom: “In about 10 minutes.”
Boy #1: “Ohhhhhhh, mooooooom, that is SOOO LOOONG.”
Boy #2: “Yeah, please, mom, please, why do we have to
wait to so LOOOONG!?”
Yeah. Ten minutes.
Puh-lease.
Then there’s
me. A bastion of patience. Really, I can wait forever and never get
frustrated.
HA!
That’s a lie. Those boys are the cutest little apples that
ever fell from this tree.
To be
serious, lately, I feel like the harder I try to push to get our adoption paperwork
done, the more time slows down. We have made no progress of any kind this week. I send
paperwork to government offices and couriers only to have it returned complete,
but incorrect; or I get phone calls that I needed to send a different form, or
a money order for a different amount. I thought
our home study was done, only to be told that it has weeks more of approval left. And the whole time, I’m whining, “Please, why
do we have to wait so LOOOOONG?!”
Really, we
haven’t waited that long. We haven’t
even begun waiting. The hard waiting
will be when we have a picture and a name and an idea of who our sweet baby
girl is, and THEN have months before
we can go get her. But the thing about
waiting is that it always seems hard.
Especially when there is no work to be done in the waiting, there is
only waiting.
Thankfully,
there is more than waiting in our life…there are sunny days I can spend with my
hubby and sweet boys, there are Legos to build, there are walls to be painted pink,
there are sandcastles to be built on a warm beach (soon!), there are friends to
visit--there are hundreds of blessings I don’t want to miss in the time that we
wait. Also in this wait, my hope is that
I will learn to trust that our daughter is already chosen for us, she is
already meant to be part of our family, with the day she meets us
predestined. Because if it is, then she
knows somewhere deep in her tiny soul, that no matter how long it takes, we’re
coming for her, and that we simply CANNOT WAIT!!
Meanwhile, there are pirate ships to run....
And smiles to capture...
And pancakes to be made!
(An awesome Saturday morning tradition where Daddy cooks, and he lets his little helpers make the batter)
No comments:
Post a Comment