You know
when you stand at the edge of the ocean and as the waves wash over your feet,
they begin to sink a little? I’ve always
found that to be a very comforting feeling, like I’m more rooted than I could
be by myself. Like the sand and waves
want me to join them in all of their play and adventure. The other thing I’ve always been fascinated
by at the ocean is the way the waves come in.
You can never predict where a wave will break. It could look HUGE, but it breaks early,
coming in as just a swoosh of froth. Or,
it could break just as it hits you, tripping you up with a force you never
expected. Either way, as soon as one
wave has passed, you are already looking for where the next one will be. As I watched my sweet little guys playing in
those waves last week, I realized that our journey of adoption comes in waves
too.
The
waves that broke while we played on the beach….
*Our agency
emailed to say that everything we sent for our dossier so far is perfect--YAY!
*Our
homestudy was finalized, notarized, and sent via FedEx to Florida to join us on
vacation!
* That
homestudy got a speed read from me, and was handed back to FedEx in a brand new
envelope along with its friend, our I800a, off to USCIS.
*USCIS
received our I800a on March 28th
*USCIS sent
me a nice little text message to say “We’re on it.”
Waves
I’m watching for…
*Homeland
Security needs to send us a letter with an appointment for special
fingerprinting
*35-40 days
from March 28th our I800a will hopefully be approved
*Our
approval letter from the 1800a and another copy of our homestudy are the last 2
documents that we need to go through authentication (county, state, consulate)
and then our dossier can go across the ocean!
Waves
that knocked me down…
*Speaking
with someone at our agency this week, I found out our wait could be much longer
than anticipated. We could have to wait
6-8 months after we are logged in to find out who our little girl is. That's a bummer, because I really can't wait to take pictures of her digging giant sand traps like this with her brothers....
No comments:
Post a Comment