I am sure that there were those among the Israelites who could have held their own. They could have put up a valiant fight, maybe even escaped. The Lord could have chosen to give them superhuman strength or perfect aim or the element of surprise to overpower the Egyptians. But instead, this one time, I can almost hear God saying, "Sit right here. Don't move. Be quiet and just watch. I've got this." And He did.
I am a valiant fighter. God made me strong, gave me good sense, and an ability to GET STUFF DONE. So, the very hardest thing for me to do is to be still. I just don't want to. Our adoption right now is forcing me to do that very thing. We are logged in. We will soon have been logged in for three months, waiting, waiting for that file of the little girl who is supposed to join our family. We've been told it could be another 6-9 months of waiting, just to find out who she is. I'm not going to lie, it stinks. I hate that somewhere, she is waiting, without her family, without a Mama. I want her to have someone sing her to sleep, I want her to have someone hug her good morning, I want her to know that she is so very cherished. It's ok some days, and like a gaping, oozing wound on other days. My oldest asks every other day about when we might get a picture of sister, if he can save certain toys for her, and whether I think she will like him to read to her. He asks to watch little videos to help him learn some Mandarin. He writes down important words he wants to remember, Mei Mei = Little Sister, Ge Ge = Older Brother. I love his heart, but it breaks mine.
Meanwhile, we have celebrated birthdays:
We have taken peaceful vacations:
We celebrated 4th of July fishing with family and enjoying our first sparklers, courtesy of new friends:
We've also spent lots of time with wonderful friends, and enjoying the fruits of summer:
Love you and your sweet boys! You make me cry. I am praying for you.
ReplyDeleteRuthy