It’s nearly officially spring, and we are ready for our
little Iris. I love to sit in her room
in the mornings. It’s full of sun coming
in on soft colors and so many beautiful things waiting for our baby girl.
I love looking around and seeing that this room has very few
“new” things. There’s a mirror that I
spray painted that hung in our very first home.
We bought it at a thrift shop, along with all of our other
furniture at that time.
There’s a painting of my grandfather’s that so perfectly matches the colors in this room that it’s like he painted it just for her.
There’s a painting of my grandfather’s that so perfectly matches the colors in this room that it’s like he painted it just for her.
This room is full of the people in our lives. There was Sarah, who taught me over a decade
ago to quilt so that I could quilt the blanket that lays in this room.
There was Aimee, who taught me to crochet to
keep my mind of our son in ICU, and now Baby Sister has her very own
blankie.
There’s Jaime, who has hand
made every page of every one of my little one’s baby books, including one for
Iris.
There are too many to name by name
who prayed and encouraged and gave and shared and listened to this
journey. You have filled this room with
love, the most beautiful “thing” of all.
No comments:
Post a Comment