Sunday, August 16, 2009

ENT or Bust

After a restful weekend, tomorrow morning James and I go to see yet another doctor, an ENT (ear, nose and throat doc). We've heard wonderful things about him, and I'm hoping that he'll be able to take some of the mystery out of our our little one's congestion.

Right now the main problem is that not only does he have a hard time with his bottle, but he is having a hard time with the solid food that he seems so desperately to want. If you think about having a horrible cold, all of the time, and how dificult it is to chew and breathe at the same time with a stuffy nose, you've got our James. So, while he looks longingly at our food each night, I've limited him to things that are easily swallowed because anything else tends to just get mushed up a little bit and fall back out of his ever-open mouth with the waterfall of slavia. I'm also hoping that we'll be able to get him some better sleep if he stops coughing at night and through naps.

If you're praying for use, please pray that the ENT doctor will have wisdom in diagnosing and treating Jim's congestion. Please continue to pray that Mom and Dad will be strengthened and renewed each day as we draw close to the time of surgery. Pray that 1 Peter 3:15 would guide us as we interact with parents, doctors, and others at Children's Hospital. Thank you for your ever-present love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment