Here we are, 5 days later, and you'd never guess what we'd been through without the pictures. James was babbling away this morning as I watched a beautiful pink and orange sunrise. He's giving smiles away for cheap and eating really well. We didn't sleep well around here, but for the first time, it was the nurses checking on James that woke us (and him) up, rather than James' painful crying. He's still uncomfortable, but only needed a strong painkiller once last night. He still has some sort of GI issue, but hopefully that will work itself out. They even turned his monitors off this morning, so we're just hanging out waiting for Dr.M to come by and tell us to get outta here!
UPDATE: Saw Dr.M this morning and he's really pleased with the result and recovery from a surgical standpoint. Saw the pediatric resident, and other than a few minor things we need to treat/keep an eye on, she's pleased with everything too. So, we're homeward bound this afternoon after the rounding docs come through!
UPDATE: Saw Dr.M this morning and he's really pleased with the result and recovery from a surgical standpoint. Saw the pediatric resident, and other than a few minor things we need to treat/keep an eye on, she's pleased with everything too. So, we're homeward bound this afternoon after the rounding docs come through!
What a relief to finally be heading home! So glad to hear (and see pictures) that James is finally feeling more comfortable. Hope the transition to home goes well. We are praying hard! Love, Kaylie and Mike
ReplyDeleteYIPPEE! I am so excited about the wonderful night and James babbling this morning. Homeward bound! That is wonderful news. God is amazing! Love, b
ReplyDeleteYippee your coming home!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWow! This is the best you/we/all could have asked for. I will call you later about dinner...Nalini
ReplyDeleteWe can't wait to have you guys back. What wonderful news!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCarey
Hooray! Do you guys need any help toting things home? I would be happy to assist. Just say the word. Can't wait to see darling James (and you guys too, of course). :-)
ReplyDeleteStacey
What an incredible 5 days you guys have had. Thank you so much for keeping us all updated - you've been on our minds constantly. I'm sorry I was out of town and out of touch all weekend but I'm back now so if you need anything at all please let me know!
ReplyDeleteHope to see you soon :)
Courtney
Yay!! I'm so glad James is doing so well. Give me a call if there is anything I can help you with today. Ella and I are free all day.
ReplyDeleteMelissa
Spectacular news! We just got home from preschool...I'll call soon.
ReplyDeleteLove, Ahdra
YIPPEE!!!! With patience comes...heartache, upset stomachs, sleepless nights, nervous tension, irritability AND answers. Thank God (we have) that James is doing so well! We love you! F.U.R.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how different he looks in just 5 days! It's amazing..We're so glad you get to go home today! We'll be praying for that transition...Love to you..Chris and Amy
ReplyDeleteYea! Welcome Home! James looks incredibly healthy! Thank you God!!!
ReplyDeleteHALLELUJAH!!!!! Ende gut, alles gut. dad. h.
ReplyDeleteThe best news in the world............. God is good. love, Bonnie
ReplyDeleteThis is wonderful news. Maybe all can get some rest, especially Mom and Dad.
ReplyDeleteIsn't God awesome!
Love and continued prayers,
Rose Mary
He looks so great! Sara, one of those pics he looks just like you. We are praising God here for James' amazing recovery, we know He's held him in His hands. I pray for continued protection as he goes home. Wish we could be there to help!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mandi and Zach
Praying for the recovery process for baby, but also for Mom and Dad! May you find time to rest in Presence.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Vickie Anderson
I looked back at pictures from July 31. Even though there is some swelling, James's head is shaped so much better. What a difference a month has made.
ReplyDeleteGet rest.
Love,
Rose