James may/may not have had a seizure yesterday. It doesn't matter too much as long as it doesn't happen again. He is now out of ICU, with most of his tubes out, his head dressing off, and he is able to take a bottle. Mom got to hold him this morning, which was nice for both of us, but getting him in and out of bed was painful for James.
Now the concern is a fever that started just as we left the ICU. In order for him to come home, he will have to have a bowel movement, the swelling has to go down and he will have to open his eyes and be coherent, he will have to eat well and be well hydrated, and we will have to be comfortable with his care at home. The neurosurgeon thinks that will be Monday or Tuesday, unless something major changes.
The shape of his head is amazing. He has so much swelling in his face that it's hard to tell, but the side and back of his head look incredible. Really, we have a list of blessings that are unending throughout this, including lots of visitors, phone calls, cards and prayers. Thank you friends & family! Here is a picture of James after the head dressing came off.
His poor little noggin does look swollen..but, other than that he looks great! Considering..I'm sure he is hurting quite a bit. But, I'm sure it was just nice to sit and hold him for a bit. Are you able to pick him up and hold him when you want? I'd have a hard time with that. Just the mother's natural instinct to want to comfort and make their babies feel better. I'm sure he fells better in your arms :). As we feel better in HIS arms.
ReplyDeletePraying for all of you and glad that God is blessing that sweet baby!
ReplyDeleteDurkees
It's so great to see you holding your baby!
ReplyDeleteWonderful photo of the two of you. He looks better each day.
ReplyDeleteFever...don't like that, but all else is progressing well, right? So, we continue to lift all of you to the Great Physician. Hope to see you soon in your new home on A-7!! Love you all...give the little guy a kiss for me. Beth
ReplyDeleteI am writing to you from Kansas City with a heavy heart knowing what you are going through. I am Stacey's mother and she has shared your blog with me. I know how worried she is about you and James. I also know you were by her side when her father passed away and it pleases me to know that she is able to pay it forward and be there for you. I wish I could be there when he comes home and give you both a hug. My prayers and thoughts are with you........
ReplyDeleteI find myself logging in to check for updates at pretty regular intervals throughout the day. It is so reassuring to see a smile on your face Sara! I know his little head is quite swollen right now, but I think he looks pretty amazing, considering what he has just gone through. You are all such troopers! Keep it up and TRY to rest and hydrate yourself too, ok?
ReplyDeleteLove you,
Jaime
Sara it is so wonderful to see your smile and that you are holding baby James in your arms. Ya'll are in our daily thoughts and prayers. We pray that your tummy heals quickly...try chewable pepcid it always helps me...Hugs and Prayers from WV!!
ReplyDeleteElizabeth & Mike