Many thoughtful friends have asked about how are 'doing.' It's an interesting inquiry actually, and is just as likely to be met with tears as it is to be answered with a genuine "okay for now." We are human, and of course our biggest weakness now is fear. Yet, I'm comforted by the reminder daily, sometimes hourly, that we are not in control. And if God, who created all of the heavens and all of Earth, and all of the diversity of beauty and power within it, does not make mistakes, then there were no mistakes made on our son. And if He loves our son more than I do, how can I worry? Does it SUCK (as a sweet friend recently said)? YES, it SUCKS. Do I sometimes cry and kick my feet and say "I don't want this!"? Yes. But, my hope is that God has great plans for this trial. So I hang on to my favorite verses:
Now, to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Ephesians 3:20-21, NIV
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Phillipians 4:6
I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1
Psalm 118, but especially verse 24: This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete