Thursday, August 27, 2009
What is All of this Crap Hanging off of Me, Mom?!
We won't see a neurologist about the seizure until tomorrow. We're taking this as good news because if it were an emergency, they'd come in now. We're waiting to see the surgeon again, and to hear from the rounding ICU doctor. James seems to have a little fever, but he's waking up, they've taken him off of the ventilator, and he's thoroughly pissed off that he can't move his left arm (it's tied down because it has a lot of tube in it that the was trying to pull out). Hopefully they'll get him some pain meds soon and he'll feel a little better. His heartrate is back down below 200, so Mom and Dad are considering some dinner (taking turns).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I accidently posted my recent comment on the "complications" update. Please check it out as it pertains to Elizabeth's status. Oooops!
ReplyDeleteSorry. Stacey
I'm so glad James' surgery went well, praise God. Poor little guy! I hope he gets the rest of those tubes out sooner than later. Keeping on praying! Thanks for the updates!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Zach and Mandi
I'm so relieved to hear that things are sounding positive! We'll keep saying our prayers and look forward to more updates! XO, Kara
ReplyDeleteu guys up? Resting? Taking a break from the hosp? Brian and I will be up another 2 hours or so. Call if u want to chat. If not, we'll keep checking the blog. Love u guys. God bless James.
ReplyDeleteThat was Kate F, btw.
ReplyDelete