32 Hours....that's how long before we have to check in at Children's Hospital. I should be sleeping, but I'm slow to get to bed, as I've been slow all day. I feel a little like I've been walking through Jell-o up to my chest today.
James had his pre-op check up today, as well as his pre-op bloodwork. His check up went well, and he's as healthy as we can reasonably expect him to be, so his new pediatrician signed our pre-op paperwork. He said, "Here's your ticket--you can't get into the show without a ticket." I know, a little humor never killed anyone, but all I could think of was, "If there's any way to NOT go to this show, show me the EXIT!" His bloodwork also went fairly well, but she had some difficulty getting the vein and the poor little man screamed and cried and tried to wiggle his way out. He looked at me with that "You're supposed to save me, mom" and I can't. Hubby was wonderful to remind me that this is one of the many differences between babies and parents....baby James looks for instant gratification (feed me, change me, love me, stop all my pain and discomforts), and we have the long term perspective (a little pain now to avoid a lifetime of it). However, I'm reminded that babies also have the blessing of forgetting the pain they might go through, while as parents, we'll remember it for a lifetime.
Thank you for the encouraging messages and phone calls...we appreciate each one, every offer to help, every inquiry, every prayer, every hug and every joke. We truly do have the most wonderful friends and family.
O.K., this calls for a couple of off-the-wall medical jokes!
ReplyDeleteThree doctors are at a convention talking shop.
The first doctor says:"I love doing surgery on artists, they are so colorful: red hearts, pink stomachs, green spleens."
The next doctor says: "Me, I love surgery on accountants, open up and all their parts are numbered, makes it very easy.
The third doctor says: "I love doing surgery on lawyers, they have no heart, they have no guts, and the head and the ass are interchangeable."
Oh, and how about the doc who tells a guy that he has a bad heart. The guy says "I want another opinion." The doc says "OK you're ugly too."
Uh-huh, there, I saw that little smirk. Now try to breathe and relax a bit. All's gonna be fine. God is perfect, not we, that's why we need him for our burdens. dad. h.
Think of you all tonight..going on a bit after midnight and I can't sleep either...all will go well and your darling little man will bounce back before you know it. He is an amazing child and I hope someday to be lucky enough to have one half as sweet and adorable as baby James. Lots of Love and Prayers from Joan Place!
ReplyDeleteElizabeth & Rosie (yes she is still awake as well!)
Every good prayer and loving thought I can send your way comes from the other side of the world.
ReplyDeleteBe strong, breathe and know love surrounds you.
Love you,
Aunt Cathy
You are all in my thoughts and prayers. LOve, Bonnie
ReplyDelete