Sunday, August 30, 2009

Awesome Blossom

Psalm 138:1 With all my heart I praise you Lord. In the presence of angels I sing your praises.



8:45pm I have only good news tonight. The healing that James has done is amazing. Our sweet boy has been off of narcotics and doing well all day. He's sitting up on his own, reaching for things, and snuggling with mom. He is drinking Pedialite & formula, and has eaten part of a banana and some applesauce. He was really wanting some of Mom and Dad's pasta dinner, but we didn't think garlic was a good idea ;) His swelling just keeps going down, and he gave away his first smile since surgery to our neighbor Elizabeth this afternoon. We loved our visitors today and the treats they brought, and we have the same nurse as last night (our favorite one!). Everything is awesome blossom tonight. Pray it stays that way so we can get our tired and sore bodies home tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. Yea! What wonderful news and he looks fabulous! What a difference a day makes. I can't wait to hear how tonight goes. Love, brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you guys are on top of the world right now. He looks great. God has bless you all.
    Love and much prayers,
    Rose Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's the James we all know and love! I can't believe the dramatic change in swelling. I cannot imagine how much better he must feel! Oscar loved your Shrek reference but was very happy (and relieved) to see James on his way back to normal. We can't wait to have you guys back at home! Sara, I bet your mom can't wait to board her plane! Congrats on the much-anticipated turnaround! :-)

    Love, Stacey, Jean and Oscar

    ReplyDelete
  4. James looked amazing this afternoon! We were so happy to see him eating and of course the smile!!! The prayers are working the swelling has gone down so much in just a day...it was so wonderful to see his beautiful eyes...hopefully ya'll will be back home tomorrow!!! Bramble Hill and Joan Place just aren't the same with out ya'll!
    Love,
    Elizabeth, Mike, Laddie & Rosie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank God, thank God, thanks be to God. He looks healthy and happy! Kate F

    ReplyDelete