Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Fever Free

Praises, praises! James is feeling much better today, and has gotten rid of the fever. As for his Mommy and Daddy, well, a good night of sleep would help a lot, but it might be a while.....

My grandpa, who has lived a long 80-something years, thinks a joke will cure most things. So, in his honor, here's a bad joke for today...


Father: Don't you think our son gets his brains from me? Mother: Probably, dear. I still have all of mine.

4 comments:

  1. A good joke is often just the right thing to lighten spirits. I like that one! Hehehe very nice. When Grandma Crowley was facing her illness she laughed very hard at the joke about the man who credited his longevity with the teaspoon of gunpowder he put in his oatmeal everyday. But they said that when he passed at last he left behind a 60 foot hole where the crematorium used to be. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops, sorry forgot not to be annoymous, this is Aunt Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara,
    So glad to hear that James is feeling better. Mothering a child who is not feeling well is a difficult thing to do as all you want them to understand is that they will feel better soon. But try not to get caught up in the "what-ifs". You can "what if" everyday of your life but what is and what is going to be will not change. Just pray that he is not sick on the day of his surgery and I will do the same. Maybe you will sleep better at night if you don't "what if" and your eyes will stop twitching. But I am praying for you and your family and especially for little James. I know I am like a million miles away, but if there is anything I can do please don't hesitate to ask.
    Kristine Vargas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very funny, but oh so true! ha ha
    I am happy that you are getting more answers about the congestion. Josh had tubes and did good.
    I am praying that James is well for the surgery and ya'll will continue to have peace.
    Your faith is such an inspiration to me.
    LOve, Jan

    ReplyDelete