Two steps forward and one step back...that is the best description of this whole day. James got rid of his fever this morning, but then the doc was concerned that he might have pneumonia. So, we did a chest x-ray and his lungs are good, but the fever is now back and his blood counts show that he's fighting something. They can't see in his ears, so it may be an ear infection. Then, his swelling went down a lot and he opened his eyes! The only time he takes a bottle is right after pain meds, so he's still in quite a bit of pain, but he calmed down a when he could see Mom and Dad. I even got to hold him for almost an hour, and he slept happily the whole time. Here's what he looks like this evening...

He only opens both eyes briefly, but I did catch him for this pic.
Mom and Dad both made it home to see big brother this afternoon. It was refreshing to see our big guy and have him tell me all about "pur-pul flow-ahs" and "go-go" (purple flowers and yogurt). We both took short naps at home too, which is good after our 3rd night of 3-5 hours of sleep.
I've been waiting for an update all day! So glad to hear that he's doing pretty well. I hope they find out what he is fighting and help him to get better. Glad to see he is opening his eyes too (and the swelling going down!) he looks much better than in his 'shrek' picture. Keep getting some rest so you don't get sick either! We're still praying for you..
ReplyDeleteAmy
So glad to hear of the progress! Sounds like you are doing a little better too. Good for you to take a nap! I'm still praying many times a day and from all the comments this must be the most prayed for baby ever! Keep doing well. Love, Ruthy
ReplyDeleteI tired calling Bob and when I could not get him I knew they with with you guys. I was wanting for an update and it all sounds much better. Every day will be baby steps but you can see it is getting a little better. Give him a kiss for me. Love, Bonnie
ReplyDelete